Sunday, May 24, 2015

Ribs Redux


Succulent ribs fast!  


I know how to make ribs, but I don't always have the time to grill them. So this is my fastest way to get ribs with my flavors on the table in the warmer months or any time. Buy some refrigerated precooked ribs with barbecue sauce.  Tony Roma's is what they sell at Costco. They are on sale now too, $3 off.

Next, and I know this will sound strange, rinse off all of the barbecue sauce in the sink. They add a lot of sugar and strange ingredients that make it taste anything but homemade. Pat the ribs dry with a paper towel, then pat the dry rub onto the ribs until the ribs are well coated.  
Cook them at 325 for about 20 minutes, then crank up the heat to 450 for 6 minutes to get a nice crust.
Mix 1/2 ketchup, 1/4 soy sauce and 1/4 mustard if you want a quick sauce for the ribs and apply before you turn up the heat. Let them rest 8-10 minutes before serving. 
By the way, you can bake some cornbread at the same time!

No comments: