Friday, April 15, 2011

Join me on Sister Girl News show Saturday, April 16, 10-11 AM Eastern Daylight Time



Join me on Sister Girl News Show April 16, 2011. Click on the title link to take you to the Internet radio site.

Listen to internet radio with Sister Girl News on Blog Talk Radio


From Aprons to "I DOs": How to Cook to Get, Keep and Maintain Your Man

Answers to questions posted on April 16 blog entry! Here's another recipe for fast, delicious food...

Homemade and all natural creamy mac'n'cheese! My daughter loves it. When I have pasta already cooked, it only takes 5 minutes. So, I love it too!

This feeds 4-6 hungry people. Divide accordingly for smaller portions. Cook a pound of elbow macaroni. My favorite brand is Barilla. I like to do this in the morning or the night before then drain pasta and refrigerate for later.
Next, add 1 eight-ounce block cream cheese cut up in 8 pieces. Put in a glass or ceramic dish, then microwave about 1 to two minutes. The pasta should be hot and the cheese melted but not sputtering and bubbling. Watch the microwave and stir during this step.
Add maybe 1/4 cup milk (like two sips of milk). Then mix in a small squirt of mustard, two shakes of Tabasco and dried onion or onion powder if you have it. Then add 1 cup (8 oz package) cheddar cheese for regular mac’n’cheese. Or try 8 oz. shredded Parmesan or 4-cheese Italian shredded blend with some chopped fresh parsley. Heat again for 30 seconds and mix vigorously until cheese melts into sauce.

Photo: Taste of Home

No comments: